Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Argus & Blackberry

Well i was up at Stupid O'Clock this morning for 2 reasons...
1. Anna woke up and was hungry.. time check: 5:45
2. I wanted to the the Argus and... gee guess who... The Knight of the round table... Sir LANCE-a-lot!!

So then, whats the Gripe for Sunday:

Well, I love my Blackberry! Blackberry's are the nuts! I had one in 2001 and never looked back till i got back to SA in 2006...
Then about 2 months ago i got the new 9700! GREAT PHONE!
Till this morning when i could have cried!
I go watch the race, wait for the night of the round table and the tour de france...
The phone is set to video camera...
I start recording...
I introduce my daughter to the world of cycling...
I explain to her she is about to see another legend (apart from uhhhh ummm ... me? - well to her anyway!)
I see lance... (I know he saw me too- HAHAHA)
I cheers Lance...
he says cheers Sean back... (free to dream!)
I stop recording...
I then try look at the footage...

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not saved??????????????

But how????

I turns out that it is set to only record up to 32Mb... You have to change it to more...

The size of the video i recorded.... 45Mb...
Wait for it...........
SO IT JUST DOESNT BLOODY SAVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS BOLLOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Gripe Water:

Well i am by NO means a genius, a world leader in innovation and technology, but...
HOW HARD CAN IT BE TO MAKE THE SOFTWARE SPLIT INTO SEPERATE FILES WHEN 32MB IS REACHED (should you have not changed the settings to record to bigger amounts)..

Really, it cant be that hard!!!

So RIM, the legendary makers of Blackberry devices, when you read this blog (again, free to dream), please take into account the idiots (me in this case) & the non-technical (my wife, lots of my friends, most of my family, most people reading this - nothing personal), and perhaps make the software split video files when the limit is reached!

Many thanks in advance,

Sean.

PS. Here is Anna's first Argus and the great sunrise on a windy Cape Town morning! See I'm not always grumpy and have finished this blog entry on a positive! :-D


1 comment:

  1. sean you are fucking hilarious, wow i would have loved to see you reel after you saw the video didnt save!

    BEEFCAKE!!!!

    ReplyDelete