Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Blogging, Commenting & Stupidity - YOU HAVE TO READ THIS! If nothing else makes you laugh at someone else today, THIS WILL!

Ok, so we/I have a problem!
1. I have a blog that i like to write on and have gotten REALLY into.
2. I like to change the theme of it and experiment once in a while.
3. I want people to comment.
4. I AM A BLOODY STUPID IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!! AND I AM ACTUALLY COMPUTER LITERATE WITH MICROSOFT & CISCO QUALIFICATIONS!!! (thats what makes this worse!!!)

GRIPE/S:

1. Theme changing... So i like changing my theme every no and then, but what i didn't know, YOU HAVE TO then go into customize, layout, edit HTML and then click on revert widget templates to default to activate your COMMENTS again! (thats the part that may save your life from pure embarrassment in the blogging world!)

2. So, with that said, i wanted people to comment. Which I'm sure they were wanting to do and may want to do, BUT COULDN'T!!!!! why...

3. BECAUSE I AM A BLOODY IDIOT! and now also an VERY EMBARRASSED IDIOT!! why........

I decided to blog about not commenting, and have a go at my fellow bloggers and so on...
Meanwhile people where obviously trying to comment, but couldn't!
They may have even thought my blogs were decent or crap and had some advice!
I even tweeted that 'I don't know why people bother blogging if no one comments... you may as well keep a personal journal!' Hahahaha! WHO IS THE WALLY NOW!!!!!

I gotta say though, i am very sad with Google for making it that complicated (should you not know how to get your comments working) to get your comments working!
After all, NOT everyone is COMPUTER literate! (nor am I now clearly - hehehe)
To top that off, unless someone you know tells you, there is NO WAY of people reading your posts and on realizing that they cant comment, telling you that they cant comment!
believe it or not google, not everyone blogging actually see each other face to face or have their email addresses.
With that said, Google, you rock and have, in a way, thought of that by been able to show your email address or even let people put it in their profiles so people can see it.
however, most people don't really go into the profile of a person till they have maybe been following that blog for a while or really wanna know more about that person.
Again though, most people would also not want their mail address known or shown either.

Google i know you are innovative and so on, so throw me (a inquisitive ADHD nutter that feels things that even you, the might Google do, can be done better) and other non literate COMPUTER special kids a bone here!!!!

Yes, you have had your hands full pulling outta China, but this was an issue before that ;-)

Why is this my gripe and such an embarrassment and issue...

Because for not 1, but 2 days, my post STILL NO COMMENTS OR VIEWS and POSTING ON MY BLOG has been on Amatomu's All Blogs WHATS HOT list!!!!!!! 
HOW GODDAM EMBARRASSING!!!! NO ONE LIKES BEING MADE TO LOOK LIKE A FOOL! AND BY THEMSELVES! (if i am brutally honest)
But gotta say, as i write this, i am still in stitches!!!!! Its actually hilarious!!
Part of me however wishes that i could crawl under or into one of the termite hills i saw at Shamwari on the weekend! Wouldn't care if they ate me either! :-D


GRIPE WATER:

1. Start a blog
2. Write on that blog.
3. Change whatever you want on that blog
4. (very NB step) TEST THAT EVERYTHING IS WORKING

5. (and most importantly). YOU WONT MAKE A MUPPET OF YOURSELF!!!!

Google please note though: What i said above about the GRIPE of blogspot, is very real!
Today alone i spoke to 5 people that had that vert problem!

Here is 1 idea that may help you:
Put a note window at the top of the layout/edit HTML page that says, don't forget to click on revert widget templates to default
Give me the job and I'll even do it for you... FREE OF CHARGE!

Summed up: GRIPE = Me & GRIPE WATER = Me!

All sorts of lessons, but at least i can laugh at my stupidity, and thats what made this whole mess up worth while!

Hardspear : cheers for the encouragement and stuff! Big up to you!

3 comments:

  1. I used to be a social worker, and once I (accidently) locked a foster child (with the car keys) inside the car. So, it happens to the best of us, don't beat yourself up about it.

    As to the 'user-friendliness' of Google's Blogger - it is up to shit. You are IT literate. Imagine how it feels to someone like me. I seriously consider moving to Wordpress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm very glad that your comment box is working! Ah, google is supposed to be the superbrand of the universe, so they really should have the super blogging site of the universe, it just doesn't make sense hey?
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOOHOOOO!! THEY WORKING!!!
    @FindingMyUnicorn you right doesn't make sense.
    @Hardspear you win that round with that one! you right though, i shouldn't and by the end of it i didnt because it actually made me laugh, ask my unicorn, she saw it all unfold and was actually the one that told me how to fix it!
    thanks B. xx

    ReplyDelete